SERVICES/ VASTU/ PUJA ROOM
The puja room the building should be in the east, north or north-east corner. The puja room should never be in the bedroom. The idols should be kept in the north-east portion of the pujaroom.The faces of god should not be covered with anything including garlands and flowers. If a lamp is placed in the pujaroom, it should always be in front of the god. All the material related to pujaroom should be kept in the southeast of the room.
Any item, showpiece, idols of god etc. removed from pujaroom for any reason should not be kept elsewhere in the house, and should be properly viserjit in a river.. Pooja room should always be on the ground floor and never in the basement.
One should never use poojaroom for any other purpose like store. All the almirahs and cabinets in the room should never be more in height in comparison to the placement of idols. Ensure that the toilet is not adjoining the pooja room, and not even above or below the prayer room. Never place any photographs to dead people in the pooja room.
Avoid keeping the heavy figures/idols of Lord Ganesha in the pooja room, however light weight figures and pictures can be placed instead. The roof of the prayer room should be lower in comparison to the other rooms on the same floor. One can use false ceiling for the same, if major renovation not possible. White or light yellow marble work in the room is auspicious. The color of the walls can be white, light yellow or light blue. The lamp-stand or up lighter can be in the south-east corner of the prayer room. The doors of the prayer room should not close or open automatically. A spring or door-closer should not be fixed on this door. Idols should not be kept facing each other. Broken idols and torn pictures should not be kept in the prayer room. An aimirah or show-case can be placed in the southern or western wall, but it should be lower than idols. Keep the pooja room absolutely clean. If you are forced to have your prayer in the kitchen, have your deity in the North-east of the kitchen, facing west. Never have the prayer area in the bedroom. If it is a very big plot the prayer room can be constructed in the center of the plot or center of the building. No bell should be hung in the puja room. And if a mandir is built of wood steel etc. the top of the same should never be pointed/sharp. It is beneficial to build a threshold at the entrance of the puja room. Only white and soft blue color should be used to paint the walls in the puja room.
- The idols should be in the east and the west of the Pujaghar. The faces of the idols should not be in the north or the south. Because, if the faces of the idols are towards the north we look towards the south side which is not good.
- The Pujaghar in the building should be in the east, the north or the north-east corner.
- Puja room should not be in the south direction.
- Pujaghar should not be in the bedroom.
- Triangular pattern of any God should not be drawn in the Pujaghar
- Toilet should not be above the below the worship room.
- White of light yellow marble work in the worship room is auspicious. The colour of the walls of the worship room should be white, light yellow or light blue.
- The worship room should have doors and windows in the north or the east.
- Lamp stand should be the south-east corner of the worship room
- If the worship room is of the shape of a pyramid (scope on all the four sides of the roof) it is auspicious. Women should not enter the worship room during the menses period.
- The Homekund (a pit for sacred fire) or the Agnikund (a pit for consecrates fire) should be in the south-east direction of the worship room. The sacred offerings to the fire should be made with the face towards the east.
- The showcases and almirahs in the Pujaghar should be towards the western or the southern wall. The photographs of the deity or the idols should never be near the northern or the southern walls.
- The idol should not be exactly in front of the entrance gate.
- The Pujaghar should have a threshold.
- The worship room should not have a pinnacle, dome, victory pillar, Gomukh, flag, basement etc.
- Idols brought from ancient temples in the desecrated form or otherwise should not be kept in the worship room.
- The idols in the worship room should not be in a desecrated form.
- The mezzanine protruding out of the worship room should be in the west or the south direction.
- The idols should not be kept at a place obtained by chiseling off the wall or touching the wall. They should be kept at least an inch away from the wall.
- No unnecessary heavy articles like tins, clothes etc. should be kept in the worship room. No part of the worship room separated by a curtain etc. should be used for any other purpose.
- The worship room should not have a door with one shutter. The door should not be made of tin or iron grills.
- The doors of the worship room should not automatically close or open. Spring or door closer should not be used for this door.
- Money or valuables should not be hid in the worship room.
- The roof should not have ventilation or windows. Idols should not be kept facing each other.