Study room should be in the west portion of the house, but never be in the south-west and north west. Budha (Mercury), Guru (Jupiter), Chandra(Moon), Shukra(Venus) effect having a study room in the west direction, as mercury increases brain power, jupiter increases ambition and curiosity. Moon helps in the generation of new thoughts and ideas. Venus helps in the growth of talent.
Color of walls in the study room should be green, light green, blue, cream, and white. Light colors are preferred uv er dark ones. The door of the study room should be in the north east of tote room. And windows should be larger on the eastern side and smaller on the western side of the room. Study table should be placed in a directions that the face of the student while studying is towards the north-east. Book rack and cabinets should be placed in the east, north, north-east direction, and never in south-west and northwest of the room.
If books are placed in the north-west of the room there are chances of misplacing or loosing the books. And the books are rarely used if placed in the south-west of the room. No cabinets or tables should be placed in the center of the room. It is best to leave the center portion of the study room empty.
- The doors of study room should be two shuttered & in the north-east (leaving the south-east), the north (leaving the north-west) or the west (leaving the south-west and the north-west) Windows are useful in the east, west & the north.
- The study room should be to the west side, leaving the south-west and the north-west corners. At this place we get the good effect of Budh (Mercury), Guru (Jupiter), Chandra (Moon) and Shukra (Venus). The Mercury increases the brain power. The Jupiter in creases ambition and curiosity. The moon helps in new thoughts and ideas and the Venus increases the talent. Wealth is obtained from oratory and writing.
- We should always sit facing the east or the north direction in the study room.
- Toilet should not be there in the study room. Bathroom is useful.
- The colour of the walls & tiles should be sky blue, cream, light green or white.
- The bookracks of the study room should not be in the north-west or the south-west corners. Books in the north-west corners are likely to be stolen or lost. Books in the south-west corners are rarely used. Of course the books should be divided into two small almirahs in the east and the north directions or it should be in the west.
- There is no harm in leaving a shrine or water pot in the north-east corner of the room. The height of the study room should be the same as that of other rooms.
- If we are not going to sleep in the study room and use it only for meditation or spiritual reading, the pyramidal shape of this room gives fantastic benefits